10 Facts About Black Tuxedo Cats
1. The Official name of for Tuxedo cats is “Bicolor Cat”.
Bicolor can refer to any cat that has two colors.
2. Black and White cats are Also known as “Magpie” or “Cow Cat” or “Moo Cat” or “Black Mask” or Piebald Cat.
Photo Credit: Laurie Cinotto/Moment/Getty Images
3. A “Cow Cat” doesn’t have the tuxedo, instead has large black patches on a white body.
3. To be considered true Tuxedo cat, the cat’s fur should consist of solid black coat with white fur limited to paws, belly, chest, throat and chin.
4. Many Tuxedo cats sport goatees
5. Paws may be black or pink, matching the coat in the area.
6. A Tuxedo is not a breed, just a color
7. The white color is created by genes that block out the stripes and coat color
8. Tuxedos have equal number of male and females
Unlike orange cats that are usually boy and torties that are usually female.
9. Tuxedos usually have green eyes
10. Shakespeare, Beethoven and Sir Isaac Newton all owned tuxedo cats
According to legend, Isaac Newton invented the pet door. Sadly some digging around reveled this to be a myth; people had "cat holes" which were just holes in the door for cats to come and go.
Love Tuxedo cats? Check out our gorgeous Black Tuxedo cat pin ! Inspired by all the handsome kitties who are ready for a night at the opera!
How many of these facts were facts you already knew? Leave a comment and tell me about your tuxedo cat !