Photo source: https://instagram.com/waffles_the_cat/
1. Eighty Percent of Orange Cats are boys
This means if you own a orange female cat, you have a rare treasure! Female orange cats are more rare because female orange cats must have two orange parents, but male orange cats only need one orange parent.
2. Orange cats are also known as “ginger cats” , “marmalade cats” or “red cats”
You might find them hiding in your pantry ! ;-)
3. Orange cats are rumored to be more friendly
Every cat has its own personality, but the gossip is that orange cats are friendly boys
4. Orange cats are supposedly lazy
Maybe Garfield wasn't that far from the truth!
Photo Source: https://instagram.com/waffles_the_cat/
5. All orange cats are tabbies
Even when they seem solid, they usually have the "m" shape stripe on their forehead.
6. There are 4 different patterns for the orange tabby
There are 4 different striping patterns - classic, mackerel, ticked and spotted
Waffles is a Classic Tabby ! This is a pattern that looks like marble swirls.
7. The orange color is due to the the pigment pheomelanin
This color gives the cream to red color range in cats
8. Winston Churchill had an orange cat named Jock
Jock was so dear to Churchill and his family that they asked that a marmalade-coloured cat named Jock with a white bib and four white socks would always live at Chartwell, Kent.
Orange you glad you know all these facts now? ;-)
Check out our Orange Cat Enamel Pin, inspired by all the gingery cats !
Do you love orange cats? Follow us on social media to get a cute pic of Waffles everyday:
Sign up for our newsletter to get cute cat pics: http://wafflescat.com/newsletter